Oakville Santa Claus Parade float and marching group entries deadline is Oct. 26
Monday, October 22, 2018
Each year, the Oakville Santa Claus Parade welcomes businesses, organizations, and community groups of all sizes to be part of the parade by entering a float or participating as a marching group. This year, the deadline to apply to join the parade as a float or marching group is Friday, October 26th.
Entries must meet the following selection criteria:
- Floats must reflect the 2018 theme of “Celebrating 70 years!”
- All float entries must be less than 14 feet in height.
- Preliminary designs or photos are required with each application.
- The maximum number of walkers allowed per entry is 30, and the minimum age for walkers is 10 years.
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first serve basis until capacity is reached or the deadline has passed, whichever comes first.
- The event is rain or shine.
- Please note that Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus replica may NOT be included as part of any entry other than the Official Santa Claus Parade Float.
Entry fees for 2018 are as follows:
- $150 for commercial entries (businesses and for-profit organizations)
- $50 for community groups or schools (not-for-profit organizations, charities, and publicly funded educational institutions).
For more information, visit the floats and walking group web page.
To apply, fill out the online application form in it's entirety.
The Oakville Santa Claus Parade is organized by a dedicated group of volunteers and Town of Oakville staff, and made possible through the generous support of corporate sponsors.